Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post

2 days after Thanksgiving? Really?
    Yes, really. They’re going to sign a stop gap SS like Simmons, possibly trade for Olson (which would be the highlight of the offseason) and maybe add a lottery ticket starting pitcher. Otherwise it will be the same team they rolled out there last year, including Gardner. Why should we expect anything different? Start bracing yourself for “getting a healthy Hicks and Severino back will be just like a free agent signing.”
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post

2 days after Thanksgiving? Really?
      To be fair the off-season ends in about 2 days. After that, it is straight to spring training.

Comment

I think we will see a flurry of moves by next wednesday cause that lockout is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
          There is no way I make that trade because the Orioles will demand an overpay for Mullins especially from the Yankees.
          You don’t get value without giving value. Why would Cashman even go after an A liner for centerfield? He has Gardner on a year by year.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
            It’s going to be another disappointing offseason.
            Don't worry. Your spirits will go up once Gardy is signed for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post
              I think we will see a flurry of moves by next wednesday cause that lockout is coming.
              Sure. With the other teams. Just not with our team.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Well that’s a given. I mean, who else would play CF when Hicks gets injured in May?

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                  Well, yeah. YES is already preparing for us for the inevitable. They wouldn't do this unless they knew he's coming back:
                  "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

Well, yeah. YES is already preparing for us for the inevitable. They wouldn't do this unless they knew he's coming back:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You know what your phone needs right now? A little Brett Gardner, that’s what. <a href="https://t.co/OyzfMm5hLe">pic.twitter.com/OyzfMm5hLe</a></p>&mdash; YES Network (@YESNetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1464660029659914247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                    :lol: Of course. I would be genuinely more surprised if they didn’t bring him back.

Comment

Brett Gardner: to hell with upside, let's embrace mediocrity.

Feel it.
                      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

:lol: Of course. I would be genuinely more surprised if they didn’t bring him back.
                        We would all be shocked! LOL

Comment

Lol, they have two players that can play CF on the ML roster (Judge, Gallo), a few in AAA, a dozen other needs, and they tease fans with Gardner returning?
                          Q: Who’s the guy on your roster that would have been overlooked if not for analytics? Cashman: Ronald Torreyes. He’s an analytical darling.

Comment

Originally posted by Portbb View Post

Hard to believe it but Heyman reports the Marlins tried hard to get Marte back. Had to go 4 years. Phils were looking at him too.
                            Right. He was their best player and Marlins (couldn't) didn't sign him. He had a great year. Sandy (Cohen) wanted 3 years but he needed Marte to score runs. What I like is 17%K. I will be comps with Hicks/Gardy (do you want to bet?). What I like about his post was Hicks and we have 4 more years....

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                              There is no way I make that trade because the Orioles will demand an overpay for Mullins especially from the Yankees.
                              I don’t think there’s much if any intradivision premium demand when you’re in the position the Orioles are. There’s no reason for them not to take the best offer and arguably it’s more beneficial to move him in division because they take future assets away to flip the script long term. That said this will be an expensive trade to make regardless because Mullins was one of the top players in baseball last year and he’s controlled long term. One of the few guys that might be available that I’d have no qualms moving Volpe for.

Comment

Padres shopping Hosmer, desperate to unload him.

It’s going to be hilarious if Cashman jumps all over him because of his $13 million annual salary between 2023-25, freeing up the Padres to trade for Olson. The fact that Hosmer sucks won’t even matter.

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Working...
                                X