• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...088024066?s=21

cashman where are you!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePinStripes View Post

$42M for 1 year? I can definitely see why a team would prefer that to 2/70 or something like that- and 2/70 is a bargain imo.
      Rumored it could be 3/132 for Max.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

I think early in this thread you made a parody post about how this offseason will go and it’s actually not parody. Our offseason moves are actually going to be signing Simmons, re-signing Gardner, and maybe trade for a first baseman.
        While that post may have looked like a parody, it was not written as one. It was exactly what I thought would happen this off season. There is plenty of data now to show the Yankee's hand.

The Mets (of all people) spent the Thanksgiving weekend making bold moves ahead of the lockout while Cashman relaxed.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post

Rumored it could be 3/132 for Max.
          $44mil AAV. Good for Sherzer but holy crap.
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

I heard a rumor from an inside source that the Mets would go as high as $45mil per. I didn't believe but I guess it was true
            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Yanks not in on Seager: https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...620689927?s=20

Comment

Heard on MLB radio this AM that if Mets get Scherzer at or around the rumored price, their payroll will be in the 270 range....imagine we are at a place where the mets payroll will far exceed the yankees.
                Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                  I heard a rumor from an inside source that the Mets would go as high as $45mil per. I didn't believe but I guess it was true
                  Cohen wants to beat out Hal and the Streinbrenners for New York/New Jersey, and right now it looks as if he has. I guess I'd recommend Yankee fans to boycott attending home Yankee games as much as they're able, and no matter if a winning streak happens here and there by chance. Hal has spent his years trying to reform the Steinbrenner family name vis-a-vis New York and the Yankees--that is, to take it away from his bombastic father--not realizing that in the process, he's ironically made George a site of nostalgia for many of us. He should read messages like this one and others on this forum, but he won't. Too bad, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by newhampfan View Post

Cohen wants to beat out Hal and the Streinbrenners for New York/New Jersey, and right now it looks as if he has. I guess I'd recommend Yankee fans to boycott attending home Yankee games as much as they're able, and no matter if a winning streak happens here and there by chance. Hal has spent his years trying to reform the Steinbrenner family name vis-a-vis New York and the Yankees--that is, to take it away from his bombastic father--not realizing that in the process, he's ironically made George a site of nostalgia for many of us. He should read messages like this one and others on this forum, but he won't. Too bad, imo.
                    I'll say thing again. The worst thing that happened in 2021 for Yankee fans was the 13 game winning streak.
                    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Moderator note: All, I want to once again point out that our Community Standards do not allow people to denigrate the opinions of others. Saying that someone who doesn't agree with you is simply a "Kool aid fan" is not acceptable. This is just one example of some of the posts I have seen here that are addressing the opinions of others rather than tackling anything substantive. I've said this many times before, disagreement here is encouraged, but it must be civil and focused on arguments and not on insulting the opinions of other community members.

This goes both ways. There is no reason to generalize about the opinions of other posters or to constantly post things like "the folks on this board..." If you disagree with the substance of their arguments, please do so. However, there is no reason for the running meta commentary that I am seeing from some posters. What I am observing is that there are two camps, which are antagonizing one another and we need to all try to post in a manner that doesn't ratchet up this provocation. Think about your posts before you hit "Post Reply."

Please review our Community Standards and post accordingly. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

I'll say thing again. The worst thing that happened in 2021 for Yankee fans was the 13 game winning streak.
                        Can't say I disagree
                        I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Comment

Sorry folks. My mom passed this weekend and I’m not in a good mind set.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

I was saying it at the time, and frankly was considering just stepping away from following the team because I found myself hoping for the Mets to explode with good fortune and the Yankees to fall on their faces. There’s just too many bad answers on the Yankees right now. It’s the Island of Misfit Toys.
                            “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                              Sorry folks. My mom passed this weekend and I’m not in a good mind set.
                              I’m sorry to hear that, Chaz.
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
                                Looks like Seager is going to sign with the Rangers or Dodgers today.

They apparently lost both Semien and Verlander over their refusal to add an extra year to their offers, and they didn’t make any effort to lure Scherzer who looks like he’s about to sign with the Mets.

Never thought I would live to see the day where the Yankees are being operated like a small market team with such apathy towards its fanbase.

Make no mistake, the Steinbrenner family does not at all care about winning. They only care about extracting as much of your money as they can while giving you as little as possible in return - just enough to keep you spending on their inferior product. Disgraceful.
                                Amazing how there are still so many people that don't understand this.

Comment

Working...
                                X