Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

    I believe they have a better chance of finishing in last place, if the Orioles can take a step up with their young core. There is no question in my mind that Tampa, Boston, and Toronto are all better teams.
    And Toronto is set up to be really good for years to come. Cashman has his work cut out for him. Hopefully we wont go into next season with Corey Kluber as our #2.

    Comment


      Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post
      Can someone tell me if they want Rizzo at 1st and keep Torres at 2B and get a SS and Gio at3rd please tell me where DJ will play? nobody can answer that. I do not understand where he fits if they got Rizzo back at 1b and signed lets say Seager at SS where would DJ play?
      I don't think Rizzo will be back. I think people are underestimating the contract he will command, and the Yankees will prioritize SS. I think they stick with Torres at 2B next year because he's cost controlled, and LeMahieu ends up at 1B. OTOH, if Rizzo is back it probably means are trading Torres.
      David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

      Comment


        Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

        I don't think Rizzo will be back. I think people are underestimating the contract he will command, and the Yankees will prioritize SS. I think they stick with Torres at 2B next year because he's cost controlled, and LeMahieu ends up at 1B. OTOH, if Rizzo is back it probably means are trading Torres.
        Didn't Cashman say a defensive SS? People are saying Andrelton Simmons who Cashman tried to get at the deadline.

        Comment


          Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post
          Can someone tell me if they want Rizzo at 1st and keep Torres at 2B and get a SS and Gio at3rd please tell me where DJ will play? nobody can answer that. I do not understand where he fits if they got Rizzo back at 1b and signed lets say Seager at SS where would DJ play?
          I like Gio but if he plays a full year I think we are looking at .260-.270. 15-20 hes and 70-75 rbi. Are those the type of numbers yours looking for from your 3rd baseman? We can get away with DJ at one of the corners only if he can hit .300 again and get those clutch hits again.

          Comment


            Originally posted by sd. View Post

            Didn't Cashman say a defensive SS? People are saying Andrelton Simmons who Cashman tried to get at the deadline.
            That wouldn't surprise me. Frankly they might as well promote Kyle Holder if they are going that route but at this point I pretty much assume Cashman is going to finish the roster with half measures like Simmons while continuing to waste money on Brett Gardner and relief pitchers.
            David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

            Comment


              Originally posted by matt2351 View Post
              Yankees Videos
              @snyyankeesยท
              1h
              Brian Cashman on Hal Steinbrenner: "I hate to say it, but how dare anybody question when somebody commits the amount of dollars [he has]"

              https://twitter.com/snyyankees/statu...913245704?s=20

              This is not going over well on Twitter. This is a true "let them eat cake" moment.

              Not questioning the commitment of Dollars Brian, questioning how they are spent!
              [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

              Comment


                Wouldn't mind Simmons at SS at all.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post
                  Wouldn't mind Simmons at SS at all.
                  When you get a load of his 57 OPS+, you'll mind.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Benefactor View Post

                    When you get a load of his 57 OPS+, you'll mind.
                    Just as long as he plays GG defense and bats 9th and will be the fraction of the cost of what a big time SS would cost.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

                      Just as long as he plays GG defense and bats 9th and will be the fraction of the cost of what a big time SS would cost.
                      Except they reset the LT. Now is the time to spend money, not save it.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Benefactor View Post

                        Except they reset the LT. Now is the time to spend money, not save it.
                        Agreed but they can sink it into a guy like Freeman...Big time hitter. GG fielder and post season proven.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

                          I don't think Rizzo will be back. I think people are underestimating the contract he will command, and the Yankees will prioritize SS. I think they stick with Torres at 2B next year because he's cost controlled, and LeMahieu ends up at 1B. OTOH, if Rizzo is back it probably means are trading Torres.
                          I’m good with or without Rizzo, but I’d also like to have 4 or more everyday lefties in the lineup and moving DJ to first makes that a lot harder. Can’t count on Hicks, Gardner or Gallo to make that happen either.
                          Let the kids play.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Paul Zuvella View Post

                            And Toronto is set up to be really good for years to come. Cashman has his work cut out for him. Hopefully we wont go into next season with Corey Kluber as our #2.
                            Nah not Kluber -- Danny Duffy has Cashman #2 reclamation project written all over him.

                            I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

                              Agreed but they can sink it into a guy like Freeman...Big time hitter. GG fielder and post season proven.
                              I'll be shocked if Freeman ever left Atlanta. He's their Mike Trout.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Benefactor View Post

                                Except they reset the LT. Now is the time to spend money, not save it.
                                This should be the mantra in December. The Yanks surely must realize they need to increase payroll by about 20% ($230-$250M payroll) in order to contend for an AL East title.

                                It's just a matter of how they spend it. You have to spend money to make money.
                                "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X