2022-2023 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022-2023 Off-Season Thread

Get rid of Cashman. This is the single biggest move the Yankees could possibly make.

Originally posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Get rid of Cashman. This is the single biggest move the Yankees could possibly make.
    No question. But we all know they'll announce his 5 year extension on some obscure Friday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickman View Post

No question. But we all know they'll announce his 5 year extension on some obscure Friday afternoon.
      No. Hal will play it up. They won 99 games and the division. Only injuries and bad breaks stopped them from getting to the WS. Now the third longest non WS drought. 2 more years and it will become the second longest. 5 more years and it will be the longest. All with Cashman and his people running things. Worst era in Yankees history continues.

Comment

#halselltheteam

Comment

Heheh, Judge wearing a non-Yankees cap in his postgame presser. Sort of like Cole with the Astros in 2019.
          I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
            Heheh, Judge wearing a non-Yankees cap in his postgame presser. Sort of like Cole with the Astros in 2019.
            If Judge goes to the Giants and bats lead off there he could have the last AB this season and the first AB next season at Yankee Stadium .

Comment

Sure sounds like he’s gone…

Comment

Post’s Sherman and O’Connor with blustering articles against Hal and Cashman/Boone this morning.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/24/hal-st...kees-failures/

https://nypost.com/2022/10/24/everyt...re-not-enough/

Comment

Without Judge, let’s see what the attendance is next year. I know that as long as Cashman stays, I am not spending one dime at YS. I’ll stick to minor league baseball if I get the itch to go see a game.

Brian Cashman is an imposter. The King of plan B has no clue and has turned the Yankees into a second rate franchise.
                  Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps!?!?

Comment

Good Post column today i recommend that it is too bad you cant fire Hal, the owner.

Comment

If we resign Judge, my guess is that will be our big spending. Then sign a few relievers and a high risk/reward starting pitcher to replace Taillon and that is it. Hope I am wrong. Actually I hope we resign Judge which was am not certain.

Comment

It seems quite clear that the only goal of the Yankee FO is to qualify for the postseason every year. They continuously acquire high-profile players who have already peaked and are on the way down, or look for bargain basement players who they hope will do something special.

If they genuinely wanted to win a WS, they would be acquiring the upcoming stars - Machado, Harper, Soto - and to hell with the luxury tax. The acquisition of Josh Donaldson is a prime example - a former MVP who has a high profile, but a fading talent who the Yankee fans hoped in vain could provide something. He didn’t. The Yankees really need to let their young talent come up to the big-time and get some MLB experience. But the Yankee FO are so terrified of not making the postseason that they’re not prepared to take the risk. Instead, they prospect hug them while never giving them the chance to reach their full potential.

There are so many players that could (or should) be disposed of this off-season - Hicks, Donaldson and Stanton are at the very top of my list. I’d be quite happy to see Torres and DJL go too. To hell with the postseason. Let the kids play and get rid of Cashman. Put some energy and excitement out on the field. The fans, I’m sure, would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpao89 View Post
                          Without Judge, let’s see what the attendance is next year. I know that as long as Cashman stays, I am not spending one dime at YS. I’ll stick to minor league baseball if I get the itch to go see a game.

Brian Cashman is an imposter. The King of plan B has no clue and has turned the Yankees into a second rate franchise.
                          The only thing that will get Hal’s attention is empty seats (or lost $$$). He likely views 2022 as a success.

Comment

The roster needs a major overhaul with or without Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post
                              Good Post column today i recommend that it is too bad you cant fire Hal, the owner.
                              O'Connor gave Cashman a complete pass. In fact alluded to him not being a problem. This is a terrible article.
                              Brian Cashman: "I have no idea."

Comment

Working...
                              X