2022 Tim LeCastro Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Tim LeCastro Performance Thread

This might last about 4 posts, but he hauled ass on that first-to-home. Haven’t had many guys capable of that on Yankee rosters in a while.

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    This might last about 4 posts, but he hauled ass on that first-to-home. Haven’t had many guys capable of that on Yankee rosters in a while.
    Not bashing Garnder here (I can love him again now that he's not on the roster), but honestly this is what a 4OF or 5OF should be. A guy who while not starter quality adds a different dynamic to the team. Not a real offensive threat at the plate, but can play small ball, can be an elite baserunner and defender and doesn't soak up a bunch of salary. Better to have a guy with an elite tool that can be used strategically (especially in post season) that a guy who soaks up limited resources while being mediocre to bad at all aspects of the game.

Comment

He has elite speed for sure. I wish he’d take better routes on balls in the outfield. I doubt his hit tool will ever make him a regular but who knows so guys develop late.

as False notes the does bring an extra dimension that is nice in a 4/5 outfielder.
      Baseball is life;
      the rest is just details.

Comment

LoCastro…

Comment

In his career, he has 37 hit by pitches and 33 walks. He is one of four players with at least 500 plate appearances and more hit by pitches than walks. The others are Jay Faatz (1884-1890), Whitey Alpermann (1906-1909), and Don Wilson (1966-1974).

He was sent down to Triple-A.

Comment

Will probably be on the playoff roster as a basestealing threat.
            Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

He was demoted and replaced by Estevan Florial.

Comment

Working...
              X