2022 DFA Aroldis Chapman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

Now if the Yankees could only get to the 9th inning with a lead for Chapman to save.
    Yeah I think the Yanks need those 6th/7th/8th inning guys to be the stoppers they were for the first few months, even though the bullpen roster has gone through lots of injuries and changes. IMO these roles need to be defined for this staff. Also IMO, Boone needs to ride the hot hand, no matter how many pitches these guys have thrown the past few days. It's time for these relievers to get used to being used on a more-regular basis. They hold the key to the team having a lead going into the 9th.

I know you're specifically commenting on the offense these past 5 or 6 weeks. Coincidentally that's about the time Stanton stopped playing. His presence has a big role in that lineup's production IMO. I'm frustrated with the lack of scoring, obviously. Any teammates with aspirations to win games have to figure out how they can help. They have to score runs to have a lead.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Yeah I think the Yanks need those 6th/7th/8th inning guys to be the stoppers they were for the first few months, even though the bullpen roster has gone through lots of injuries and changes. IMO these roles need to be defined for this staff. Also IMO, Boone needs to ride the hot hand, no matter how many pitches these guys have thrown the past few days. It's time for these relievers to get used to being used on a more-regular basis. They hold the key to the team having a lead going into the 9th.

I know you're specifically commenting on the offense these past 5 or 6 weeks. Coincidentally that's about the time Stanton stopped playing. His presence has a big role in that lineup's production IMO. I'm frustrated with the lack of scoring, obviously. Any teammates with aspirations to win games have to figure out how they can help. They have to score runs to have a lead.
      Might help if Marinaccio was pitching here instead of on Scranton. Guy has given up 1 run since April but is sent down because he has options? Stupidity like that could get a GM fired but of course not here.

Comment

Might help if Marinaccio was pitching here instead of on Scranton. Guy has given up 1 run since April but is sent down because he has options? Stupidity like that could get a GM fired but of course not here.
        Yes I believe Marinaccio and Clarke Schmidt should be on this roster and my guess is they'll both be in two weeks, maybe even sooner.

If Abreu blows one more appearance then Marinaccio should be his replacement.

I think this is a good time to skip a couple of Cortes starts (or even shorten them) and let Schmidt cover for him.
        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

Yes I believe Marinaccio and Clarke Schmidt should be on this roster and my guess is they'll both be in two weeks, maybe even sooner.

If Abreu blows one more appearance then Marinaccio should be his replacement.

I think this is a good time to skip a couple of Cortes starts (or even shorten them) and let Schmidt cover for him.
          They keep saying Schmidt is on Scranton to stretch him out. But they won't bring him back up to start any games.

Comment

They keep saying Schmidt is on Scranton to stretch him out. But they won't bring him back up to start any games.
            I think Clarke Schmidt can step into Montgomery's role in 2023. I think he's gaining lots of confidence this season, and one more year healthier.

Comment

Starting pitching hasn’t been an issue lately.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

After King injury the best use of Schmidt for the Yankees this season is to put him in long inning fireman role. But I guess options matter more.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

After King injury the best use of Schmidt for the Yankees this season is to put him in long inning fireman role. But I guess options matter more.
                  100% true. Same reason Marinaccio is also down there.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post

On Schmidt I don’t think it’s a question of Options, more like he’s just about the only SP MLB ready depth the Yankees have after the trade deadline.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Chapman is the closer again with Holmes on the DL. Schimdt should be given a chance to set-up. IMO. It is not as if Cashman's trade deadline guys have excelled.
                      If only winning were more important than Cashman's ego, we'd survive.
                      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

@ChrisKirschner

Aaron Boone just said Aroldis Chapman is going on the IL with an infection in his leg. He recently got a tattoo that caused the infection.

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                          @ChrisKirschner

Aaron Boone just said Aroldis Chapman is going on the IL with an infection in his leg. He recently got a tattoo that caused the infection.
                          Did he get the tattoo done in a prison?
                          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

Did he get the tattoo done in a prison?
                            A defunct one. Maybe he dropped in at Alcatraz while they're out there.

Might as well wait until he's not playoff-eligible for any opponent, then DFA. Can use that September roster spot (and 40-man spot) for something more useful.
                            I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Aroldis Chapman's time as a Yankee is coming to a close.

I have mixed feelings about his Yankee career - I remember feeling he was unhittable his first couple of seasons. But his control/command/BBs issues and his penchant for giving up home runs do kind of make me feel happy that the end is near.

I don't really remember hearing to much about Chapman in the clubhouse or how good of a teammate he's been. I don't think he's ever been much of a leader-type.

Comment

Since this is non-baseball injury that was self inflicted why isn't he suspended without pay?
                                http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Working...
                                X