Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Johnson/Yanks Trade Rumors (original thread from ITL)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Randy Johnson/Yanks Trade Rumors (original thread from ITL)

    an article I read said if Arizona falls out of contention
    they might look ahead to next season. which means droping pay roll
    now they are currently 15 1/2 games out.

    Randy Johnson may become avalible in an atemp to drop salary.

    even though they want Randy to retire in Arizona. They just can't afford
    him{told by sources close to Arizona}.

    Randy may be on the market sooner then everyone thinks

    BUY OR SELL

    Randy Johnson's chances on landing in pinstripes before the trade deadline.

    #2
    Re: RANDY JOHNSON...Might make it to trade market

    Originally posted by greatyankees
    an article I read said if Arizona falls out of contention
    they might look ahead to next season. which means droping pay roll
    now they are currently 15 1/2 games out.

    Randy Johnson may become avalible in an atemp to drop salary.

    even though they want Randy to retire in Arizona. They just can't afford
    him{told by sources close to Arizona}.

    Randy may be on the market sooner then everyone thinks

    BUY OR SELL

    Randy Johnson's chances on landing in pinstripes before the trade deadline.

    We've seen threads like this very often. Randy doesn't want to be traded, he has roots in Arizona and has a no-trade clause. The D-backs would have to be bowled over with an absurd offer to trade the Unit. Doesn't look very likely.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.


    "They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

    Comment


      #3
      I read just read a 1/4 of a story like this (off of ESPN Insider which i dont subscribe to). They said he is owed like 24 mil over the next year and a half. I guarentee you if he goes on the trade market, George will get him. Johnson is his crown Jewel. It would be his greatest victory in the Bronx, bigger than A-Rod. Its sad to say, but he would trade Navarro, Cano, Duncan, Halsey, Philips, Graman, Heredia (ok take him), Prinze, Lofton, Clark and any other piece of talent that has "potential" or "electric stuff" or that has a contract that can easily be paid off.

      With that aside, someone in another thread mentioned this. Acquire Russ Ortiz for a cheap prize, maybe some cheap farmhands, or another expendable player. Then ship Ortiz over with Navarro and/or Cano for Johnson. Remember, he was once traded for the "Overrated" Freddy Garcia, so it is possible he could be traded for the "Overrated" Russ Ortiz
      Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
      Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

      Comment


        #4
        if RJ makes it to the market, i feel as though he'll end up with either the angels or even the mets.

        the yankees just don't have the minor league talent that they're looking for. unless navarro and cano start tearing it up in AAA real soon, i don't see the yankees being able to land him.
        help feed the hungry:

        www.thehungersite.com

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by flymick24
          if RJ makes it to the market, i feel as though he'll end up with either the angels or even the mets.

          the yankees just don't have the minor league talent that they're looking for. unless navarro and cano start tearing it up in AAA real soon, i don't see the yankees being able to land him.
          Just a question,but how come Duncan is never mentioned?
          Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
          Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

          Comment


            #6
            As much as I want Johnson, I would not give up Cano or Duncan for him.

            Cano was 4-4 in his first game in AAA tonight. He can field too. He can takeover at 2B by the end of this season.
            TRUCK FUMP

            Comment


              #7
              Cause it is pretty much knowledge that even in this organization, he is considered minor league untouchable.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Rich
                As much as I want Johnson, I would not give up Cano or Duncan for him.

                Cano was 4-4 in his first game in AAA tonight. He can field too. He can takeover at 2B by the end of this season.
                Well its a double edged sword. Duncan and Cano COULD be good and COULD help us in the future. But the thoughts of going into the postseason with the rotation of Johnson, Brown, Mussina, Vazquez just makes me wet myself. I would ALMOST feel bad going in with that, not because we would be favorites, but Vazquez probably wouldn't even get a chance to pitch with that lineup
                Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
                Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by RhodeyYankee2638


                  Well its a double edged sword. Duncan and Cano COULD be good and COULD help us in the future. But the thoughts of going into the postseason with the rotation of Johnson, Brown, Mussina, Vazquez just makes me wet myself. I would ALMOST feel bad going in with that, not because we would be favorites, but Vazquez probably wouldn't even get a chance to pitch with that lineup
                  If it were up to me, if Navarro as the centerpiece of a package isn't enough, than I would pass.I want to be in a position to win every year, not just this year and next

                  Cano can be good NOW. A second baseman with power and range needs to become part of the aging homegrown core.
                  TRUCK FUMP

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rich


                    If it were up to me, if Navarro as the centerpiece of a package isn't enough, than I would pass.I want to be in a position to win every year, not just this year and next

                    Cano can be good NOW. A second baseman with power and range needs to become part of the aging homegrown core.
                    I understand about Cano, but think of this too. If we had Johnson this year, our rotation would be more than set, we wouldn't have to go out on the free agent market to get more starting pitching. If Cano comes up, we don't need a second baseman. We are basically all set for next year, therefore we have LESS DRAFT PICKS to give up. Randy Johnson could actually bring us more young talent, cause we wouldnt have to surrender those first round picks. How long did it take Cano and Navarro to reach AAA? If we start developing the young talent we picked up in this years draft, and the talent we could get in the first round next year, we could have a formidable farm team for 2005/2006
                    Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
                    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      So for one season...you'd sacrafice what could be two good to great players for years? I don't do it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by BronxBaumer
                        So for one season...you'd sacrafice what could be two good to great players for years? I don't do it.
                        2 seasons, 2 very good chances at World Series titles. Thats what it is all about. For years, this has been our farm system. We develop talent that we can use to acquire better players. With free agency, and no salary cap, we have a gigantic advantage, farm team or not. If Navarro was a highly touted centerfielder, then no don't do it. We have a catcher. As for second base, I could see the temptation on wanting to hold onto him. Not for a Johnson type player, he could single handedly win 3 games in a 7 game series. Now if Schmidt were to miraculously become available, i would change my mind and go with him.
                        Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
                        Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          QUESTION: Can we trade Jorge DePaula even thou he is on the DL? Cause that would make a nice little PTBNL.
                          Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
                          Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BronxBaumer
                            So for one season...you'd sacrafice what could be two good to great players for years? I don't do it.
                            For RJ? YES

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Qlitch
                              For RJ? YES
                              THANK YOU!!! People were saying Cano and Navarro for Garcia looked imminent, I can see how that is bad. THIS IS RJ PEOPLE
                              Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
                              Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X