Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by ojo View Post
    You mean he learned through the failure of others. What a novel concept.
    :-werd-:
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
      Imagine if we had a strong national effort from the start!
      Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
      :-werd-:
      Read the Atlantic article I just posted in the Trump thread. His behavior has cost untold thousands of American lives.
      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

As far as I’m concerned Trump has blood on his hands and I hope the American people remembered that reality on November 3rd.
        NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Trump is still touting his limiting the travel from China as his signature accomplishment. Maybe that’s because he’s done nothing in the months since then.

He’s also still insisting that hydroxychloroquine is a legitimate and valuable treatment.
          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
            Trump is still touting his limiting the travel from China as his signature accomplishment. Maybe that’s because he’s done nothing in the months since then.

He’s also still insisting that hydroxychloroquine is a legitimate and valuable treatment.
            It's too bad he allowed tens of thousands of people traveling from China to enter here before he did so.

Comment

Trump is an idiot and I'm not debating that as I wholeheartedly agree, but every time the whole travel to/from China gets mentioned I get even more pissed off at WHO/Tedros and their absolutely futile effort to control the pandemic along with their Chinese love affair. Trump is to blame, but also blaming WHO certainly is not scapegoating because that isn't saying Trump isn't guilty but merely saying they BOTH are directly at fault for making this pandemic a pandemic.

Essentially for the longest time WHO was the one of the leading forces arguing that "China is not to blame, travel bans of Chinese is unethical, people are overreacting", starting way back in the winter when majority of general citizens of America/Europe didn't even know of Corona outside the beer, and the only ones somewhat mentioning it were surrounding Asian countries. Then when everything just hit the brick and this fiasco became too big, of course they flip their position and was like "we have been warning everyone about this pandemic since the beginning but countries refused to follow our recommended guidance" but that is such a big BS that it makes me wonder if it was an April Fool's Day joke.

Trump effed up royally in many ways to hurt America and its people in regards to (lack of) actions against COVID-19 (and obviously countless more, but this thread is only about Covid so sticking just to that), but Trump's stupidity should not be an excuse to let WHO and Tedros slide.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Kokubo View Post
                Trump is an idiot and I'm not debating that as I wholeheartedly agree, but every time the whole travel to/from China gets mentioned I get even more pissed off at WHO/Tedros and their absolutely futile effort to control the pandemic along with their Chinese love affair. Trump is to blame, but also blaming WHO certainly is not scapegoating because that isn't saying Trump isn't guilty but merely saying they BOTH are directly at fault for making this pandemic a pandemic.

Essentially for the longest time WHO was the one of the leading forces arguing that "China is not to blame, travel bans of Chinese is unethical, people are overreacting", starting way back in the winter when majority of general citizens of America/Europe didn't even know of Corona outside the beer, and the only ones somewhat mentioning it were surrounding Asian countries. Then when everything just hit the brick and this fiasco became too big, of course they flip their position and was like "we have been warning everyone about this pandemic since the beginning but countries refused to follow our recommended guidance" but that is such a big BS that it makes me wonder if it was an April Fool's Day joke.

Trump effed up royally in many ways to hurt America and its people in regards to (lack of) actions against COVID-19 (and obviously countless more, but this thread is only about Covid so sticking just to that), but Trump's stupidity should not be an excuse to let WHO and Tedros slide.
                Trump's stupidity is continuing though and is still hurting the American people that will get sick and die in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                  Trump's stupidity is continuing though and is still hurting the American people that will get sick and die in the coming months.
                  True, but just because the stupidest kid continues to score a zero on every exam doesn't make the kid who scores an average of 5 out of 100 a great student to be praised.

Plus it isn't like WHO stopped being stupid because they learned from their prior mistake either. They only flipped the script because it just became too big for them to cover up the issue. WHO is still an useless, corrupted China's spokesperson that is now harping on the "China's effort and sacrifice helped the rest of the world see how to fight against the pandemic, and shall be praised"-ish excuse which is almost as funny as Trump's candid words of love and truth. /s I hope after the election when a new President is picked, America and the rest of the world still continues to hold China/WHO accountable for their part in this pandemic.

Comment

My point was that Trump did one thing that was sort of right in February, and he’s still trotting that out to make himself the hero of the pandemic in the US.
                    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

My point was that Trump did one thing that was sort of right in February, and he’s still trotting that out to make himself the hero of the pandemic in the US.
                      I equate what Trump did to being on a boat and finding six holes in it, patching one, then sitting down to read a book.

Comment

True, but just because the stupidest kid continues to score a zero on every exam doesn't make the kid who scores an average of 5 out of 100 a great student to be praised.

Plus it isn't like WHO stopped being stupid because they learned from their prior mistake either. They only flipped the script because it just became too big for them to cover up the issue. WHO is still an useless, corrupted China's spokesperson that is now harping on the "China's effort and sacrifice helped the rest of the world see how to fight against the pandemic, and shall be praised"-ish excuse which is almost as funny as Trump's candid words of love and truth. /s I hope after the election when a new President is picked, America and the rest of the world still continues to hold China/WHO accountable for their part in this pandemic.
                        Most Americans don't give a crap what the WHO is doing right now as Trump has pulled funding to them anyway. However, we do care what the POTUS is doing right now and IMO, he's killing Americans with his asinine approach to this pandemic.

Comment

I equate what Trump did to being on a boat and finding six holes in it, patching one, then sitting down to read a book.
                          This!

Comment

Spot on, except the reading a book part. It's more like patching one hole, and then sitting down to tweet how he stopped a Chinese swordfish attack.
                            "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

WHO certainly made some errors but saying they were working with China or are an agent of the Chinese government is ridiculous. The leaked recordings of their frustration behind the scenes with not being able to get the information they sought pretty much proved that. That they used praise in an attempt to massage the Chinese government into providing the data they needed was a mistake but we also know that with the benefit of hindsight. Neither WHO or the UN have any power allowing them to independently investigate a pandemic. They need cooperation from the member countries to do their job. China refused to give it.

Comment

Casey, sorry about your family/friends.

Hey, let’s not forget the walking down the stairs without falling over thing.

Many countries have overcome the mistakes made by WHO.
                                Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
                                who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
                                'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Working...
                                X