Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
    It really doesn’t have to be that way, except that our government has spent 4-1/2 months shrugging off the danger and the responsibility. Other countries have been able yo accomplish what we could not do:

He goes on to describe a serious plan as to how it could be done. Of course, the current occupant of the White House has done everything he can to undermine rather than reinforce the political will that would be necessary, and it would have been more politically feasible months ago. But all the tools are still there:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...499965441.html
    I read that whole thread. Now I genuinely want to cry. My kids could go to school like kids in other countries (though they'd still have the risk of being shot because Murica). My daughter's kindergarten year wouldn't be completely effed up. My son could have a birthday party this weekend. We could've gone to the beach like we planned this summer and fall. We could have gone to movies all summer.

I hate this country. I really might cry.

This isn't fair.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Herman Cain dies of COVID-19, aged 74.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...9733&oref=t.co

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

Thoughts and prayers

Comment

But it's a hoax?

Comment

That is it morons in the trump base. Keep laughing and mocking. Keep on owning us libtards by not wearing a mask. You are sure showing us!

Comment

Even though I disagreed with him on pretty much everything, his life story is pretty accomplished and inspiring.
              Stay "We" my friends

Comment

He helped Trump kill 150,000 Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                  Even though I disagreed with him on pretty much everything, his life story is pretty accomplished and inspiring.
                  Indeed.

My favorite Cain quote: "Stupid people are ruining America."

Now, about those masks.......

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                  - President Barack Obama

Comment

I wonder if Cain took Hydroxycloroquine? If he did, it should be public knowledge.
                    Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                      I wonder if Cain took Hydroxycloroquine? If he did, it should be public knowledge.
                      we will never know if it was hydroxycloroquine or demon semen that did him in. It surely wasn't hanging around a large group (well, a somewhat large group) of maskless people indoors in tulsa.

I never wish for anybody's death, but just as it's hard to feel sorry for a lifelong smoker dying of lung cancer, it's also hard to feel any sympathy for people taking idiotic risks.

Comment

Last month he tweeted not to "believe the scare stories" about a second wave.

Welp.
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

I never wish for anybody's death, but just as it's hard to feel sorry for a lifelong smoker dying of lung cancer, it's also hard to feel any sympathy for people taking idiotic risks.
                          I hear you, but a lot of the reaction in this thread feels a bit like spitting on someone's grave.

Willfully or not, the man was misinformed and payed the ultimate price. I feel sympathy for his surviving family more than anything else.
                          Stay "We" my friends

Comment

I hear you, but a lot of the reaction in this thread feels a bit like spitting on someone's grave.

Willfully or not, the man was misinformed and payed the ultimate price. I feel sympathy for his surviving family more than anything else.
                            He wasn't misinformed. He was a reasonably intelligent man who supported an unintelligent and cruel man because he liked the cruel ideology. The information was there. He chose to ignore it.

I shed no tears for him.

Comment

I can feel sympathy for his family and spit on his grave. He was an educated, intelligent man that chose to support a monster. In doing so, he also championed not wearing masks contrary to the advise of all reputable health professionals. He is not only responsible for his own death but likely contributed to the illness and death of others. I think I'll go spit on his grave again.

Comment

Has Marco Rubio tweeted a photo of himself, shaking hands with Ben Carson?

Comment

Working...
                                X