Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I did a Home Depot run today for work. Sign on door said masks were required but I'd say only half the folks in the store were wearing one. And so it goes.....
    How was it before Ned changed the rules?

Comment

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...source=twitter
      Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that public schools can no longer require masks on their campuses starting June 5. The decision was part of a new executive order that bans government entities in Texas — like cities and counties — from mandating masks in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
      Only 30% have been fully vaccinated in TX

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
        https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05...source=twitter
        Only 30% have been fully vaccinated in TX
        We live in the upside down. Just the phrase "bans entities from mandating masks in the fight against coronavirus" is just so vehemently backwards. For over a year now these Republicans have done everything they can to ensure more people get the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

We live in the upside down. Just the phrase "bans entities from mandating masks in the fight against coronavirus" is just so vehemently backwards. For over a year now these Republicans have done everything they can to ensure more people get the virus.
          Choose your travel and vacation spots wisely. Hit them in the wallet.
          http://vimel.ru/e6748

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

How was it before Ned changed the rules?
            Id say it was nearly 100% whenever I went before today...... of course you always had the yahoos who had a mask on but it was pulled down below their nose. Today it was about 50/50 in the store. No one was enforcing the sign that said masks were required. Maybe they haven't taken the sign down yet or more likely they just don't know what their actual policy is for today and going forward. I'm sure there's a lot of that going on today but I'll keep wearing a mask indoors at stores for awhile longer. It's really not that much of inconvenience.
            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Id say it was nearly 100% whenever I went before today...... of course you always had the yahoos who had a mask on but it was pulled down below their nose. Today it was about 50/50 in the store. No one was enforcing the sign that said masks were required. Maybe they haven't taken the sign down yet or more likely they just don't know what their actual policy is for today and going forward. I'm sure there's a lot of that going on today but I'll keep wearing a mask indoors at stores for awhile longer. It's really not that much of inconvenience.
              I will follow whatever rules places set but if they don't require masking I'm likely not wearing one. I think. Probably. Who really knows.I do trust the vaccine but also want others to be comfortable.

Comment

My feeling is how do you expect kids to still wear masks when the adults can go around without one? So I'll wear it, for that reason alone. My hope is people will act like adults and not shame or mock those who choose to either wear or not wear a mask. But I have a feeling I'm expecting too much from some people
                You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

My feeling is how do you expect kids to still wear masks when the adults can go around without one? So I'll wear it, for that reason alone. My hope is people will act like adults and not shame or mock those who choose to either wear or not wear a mask. But I have a feeling I'm expecting too much from some people
                  I can't get on board with that. There are tons of things that are okay for adults and not for kids and I really don't think some rando at home depot wearing a mask is going to have much influence. That's the parents' job. Agree that no one should be shamed or mocked for wearing a mask. Also agree that you are expecting too much especially since it was going on before the recommendations and mandates changed.

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                    I don’t see why. "We need to do this until we don’t" seems fine.
                    But they didn't say that. They said "two weeks to flatten the curve," and then they suggested "herd immunity." If you want to belittle people for NOT 'believing the science,' then the science needs to begin with viable facts, and not best guess scenarios.

"We need to do this until we don't" should lead to the closure of all restaurants, hotels, movie theaters, concert venues. Because, they can't survive on a model that says "you need to close your doors, until we say you can open them."

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                    - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                      But they didn't say that. They said "two weeks to flatten the curve," and then they suggested "herd immunity." If you want to belittle people for NOT 'believing the science,' then the science needs to begin with viable facts, and not best guess scenarios.

"We need to do this until we don't" should lead to the closure of all restaurants, hotels, movie theaters, concert venues. Because, they can't survive on a model that says "you need to close your doors, until we say you can open them."
                      People didn’t follow the science, though, so the curve didn’t flatten so quickly, and herd immunity won’t be achieved.
                      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Didn't "the science" say that masks are no longer necessary for people who have been vaccinated, even indoors? Is this where we make fun of Nancy Pelosi for not "believing the science?"

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                        - President Barack Obama

Comment

Didn't "the science" say that masks are no longer necessary for people who have been vaccinated, even indoors? Is this where we make fun of Nancy Pelosi for not "believing the science?"
                          Well until the remaining 52% of the brain dead Republicans in the House get vaccinated the masks stay on. 100% of the Dems have. Blame the idiots in the GQP. If you actually read the CDC guidelines you would know she is following them. Additionally the cdc didn’t say it was required to remove the mandates, it is up to each place

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Well until the remaining 52% of the brain dead Republicans in the House get vaccinated the masks stay on.
                            That's not what the CDC said.

Why don't you believe the science?

- President Barack Obama

Comment

I do. I got vaccinated. Why don’t you understand science?

don’t want to wear masks get vaccinated! So damn simple even a Republican should comprehend

Again the CDC never said anyone HAD to remove the mandates. If you believe in the bo or system then you will trust anything

Comment

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...M:genTN:FY21
                                What We Are Still Learning
                                • We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19.
                                • We are also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
                                • We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before the population can be considered protected (population immunity).
                                • We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19.

What we know

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. After you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing some things you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.

Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
                                COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to bring you closer to enjoying the activities you have missed. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.

COVID-19 vaccines teach our immune systems how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19. It typically takes 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. That means it is possible a person could still get COVID-19 before or just after vaccination and then get sick because the vaccine did not have enough time to provide protection. People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, or 2 weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine.
                                You should keep using all the tools available to protect yourself and others until you are fully vaccinated. After you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing some things you had stopped doing because of the pandemic. Learn more about what you can do when you have been fully vaccinated.

What we are still learning

Scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus. We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.

Although COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting sick, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.
                                We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
                                For these reasons, people who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should keep taking precautions until we know more, like wearing a mask in indoor public places, avoiding large indoor gatherings, and washing your hands often. Vaccinated people do not need to wear masks outside except in crowds.

Seems like if you're exposed to a bunch of unvaccinated yahoos you might still consider wearing a mask indoors when around them. YMMV

also from the CDC site
                                Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

Comment

Working...
                                X