Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
    History shows us that diseases are "blamed" on the country of origin. Over and over and those citizens reap the consequences. Again, why we're Asian restaurants and marketa the first to suffer loss of business? I posted a link from numerous historians outlining cases of this over the past hundreds of years. It's the same thing again and again. History is not showing us how xenophobia is solved rather how it's perpetuated. And I'd argue that social media has made it worse since words do matter and now they are spread faster. Stephen Miller's fingerprints were all over that Tuesday speech. Stirring xenophobia was not a side effect. It was the point. And of course the inaccurate information, blocking of testing, and deflections from the president cause more harm. So what?
    Oh... please stop. You just make it so easy. Saying the thing that came from Wuhan came from Wuhan is not xenophobic. No one whose opinion means anything has become more xenophobic because of this situation. This is deflecting a tragic pandemic into "Trump is a jerk" and it's so insanely exhausting to read.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
      The irony meter is always overtaxed at nyyfans, but I'm pretty sure this gem just broke it.
      Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
      I must say... my first instinct is to doubt myself, but I'm not sure I understand this. Did I make a grammatical/syntactic error? Or is the irony that Trump is a horrible public speaker? You might have to walk me through this one.
      I would actually like to follow up on this interchange. It still has me curious. Please let me know what happened here!

Comment

Oh... please stop. You just make it so easy. Saying the thing that came from Wuhan came from Wuhan is not xenophobic. No one whose opinion means anything has become more xenophobic because of this situation. This is deflecting a tragic pandemic into "Trump is a jerk" and it's so insanely exhausting to read.
        I will not stop. I do not agree with you and you've given me no reason to change my mind and history is on my side. I'm sorry that reading is so exhausting for you. Fatigue is one sign of coronavirus. I'd suggest getting tested but oops. USA USA USA

Comment

I would actually like to follow up on this interchange. It still has me curious. Please let me know what happened here!
          He’s saying (I think) Trump is likely the most simple-minded man to hold the office of the president in quite some time. He has a limited vocabulary and he is largely thought of as a fool. He’s an idiot. So when you deflected all that to say Biden can barely string together words to form a sentence, while we have full-on evidence of the current president perhaps sundowning on camera? :lol:

Irony.
          “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
            He’s saying (I think) Trump is likely the most simple-minded man to hold the office of the president in quite some time. He has a limited vocabulary and he is largely thought of as a fool. He’s an idiot. So when you deflected all that to say Biden can barely string together words to form a sentence, while we have full-on evidence of the current president perhaps sundowning on camera? :lol:

Irony.
            Yup. Biden has a stuttering problem, Trump has an “I’m a moron” problem

Comment

I will not stop. I do not agree with you and you've given me no reason to change my mind and history is on my side. I'm sorry that reading is so exhausting for you. Fatigue is one sign of coronavirus. I'd suggest getting tested but oops. USA USA USA
              Surely personal attacks are not necessary or allowed? Brick wall.

Comment

Irony.
                Ah. I was afraid it would be the lame hack joke. Yes... I agree that Trump is a horrible public speaker. But jeez, Biden makes him look like a spry young kid.

Comment

Surely personal attacks are not necessary or allowed? Brick wall.
                  it's so insanely exhausting to read.
                  :shrug: Your words. Hope you feel more energetic soon.

Comment

:shrug: Your words. Hope you feel more energetic soon.
                    This is deflecting a tragic pandemic into "Trump is a jerk" and it's so insanely exhausting to read.
                    Well you cut out the very important "this", but fair enough. I'll allow the slight manipulation for comedic purposes. But I will further clarify that reading your posts specifically is exhausting.

Comment

Ah. I was afraid it would be the lame hack joke. Yes... I agree that Trump is a horrible public speaker. But jeez, Biden makes him look like a spry young kid.
                      Not from here he doesn’t. He makes Biden appear measured and thoughtful. Please do not mistake my interjection to (I think) clarify the point left outstanding as an effort to argue your confirmation bias.

I’m busy making some homemade hand sanitizer.
                      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

https://www.politico.eu/article/coro...orists-europe/

Filed under things I did not expect to read.
                        Was not expecting ISIS to adopt a "safety first approach" to anything.
                        Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Well you cut out the very important "this", but fair enough. I'll allow the slight manipulation for comedic purposes. But I will further clarify that reading your posts specifically is exhausting.
                          I'm sorry you find any reading exhausting. Glasses might help?

Comment

I'm sorry you find any reading exhausting. Glasses might help?
                            For someone so obsessed with being on the right side of history, you're very passive aggressive in public posts. Why do you feel the need to insult me? Two people can disagree with hating each other.

Comment

Headline on redstate dot com:

Foreign Chinese Wuhan Virus Shows a Lot of Reporters Don’t Have a Clue About How Their Own Country Works
                              Foreign, Chinese, AND Wuhan. The trifecta! :lol:

Comment

Not from here he doesn’t. He makes Biden appear measured and thoughtful. Please do not mistake my interjection to (I think) clarify the point left outstanding as an effort to argue your confirmation bias.

I’m busy making some homemade hand sanitizer.
                                I'll allow HelloNewman to clarify before coming to any decision. But I do fear that you're correct. I was honestly hoping to be informed of something stupid I did. I enjoy seeing a new perspective on things and trying to gain experience in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X