Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

who cares. if the vaccination rate for republicans was as good as the rate for democrats we would be in pretty good shape and herd immunity would likely be achievable.
    This. And again the age thing can be for a multitude of reasons. Republicans are for a known issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

Because just convincing hesitant republicans won't be enough for herd immunity. But we would be a lot closer. Don't get me wrong in the fight to get enough folks vaccinated convincing white conservative republicans to get the vaccine somehow is job number #1 in fully and safely opening the country. But it's a tough job overcoming the last year+ of republican messaging.
      There are some that are legitimately hesitant for medical reasons, but they are slowly coming along. When you see a 25 percentage difference between the parties you see the main issue, not the only one but by far the largest one

Comment

Great we are doomed. Biden is saying now to trust science. Now the Trumpsters will never get vaccinated

Comment

Biden hinted that he at some point proof of vaccination will be needed to travel abroad and also for many companies and businesses as well

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
            Biden hinted that he at some point proof of vaccination will be needed to travel abroad and also for many companies and businesses as well
            Hinted?

At some point?

Valueless.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
            - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

Because just convincing hesitant republicans won't be enough for herd immunity. But we would be a lot closer. Don't get me wrong in the fight to get enough folks vaccinated convincing white conservative republicans to get the vaccine somehow is job number #1 in fully and safely opening the country. But it's a tough job overcoming the last year+ of republican messaging.
              Which is why it's time to stop coddling and start mandating.

Comment

That time has already passed. The danger is the longer this virus is allowed to mutate, the more resistant it will become to the vaccines. There are some with legit medical reasons and I am not talking about them but I am sick of accommodating stupidity and entitlement

Comment

Start? That long over due.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

That time has already passed. The danger is the longer this virus is allowed to mutate, the more resistant it will become to the vaccines. There are some with legit medical reasons and I am not talking about them but I am sick of accommodating stupidity and entitlement
                    Yeah there is a very small percentage of the population who legitimately can’t take the vaccine. I’m not talking about those. It’s partly for those that everyone else needs it.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

who cares. if the vaccination rate for republicans was as good as the rate for democrats we would be in pretty good shape and herd immunity would likely be achievable.
                      I grew up as one of them and I still don't understand how they became this stupid.
                      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Yoooooo. This.
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

I grew up as one of them and I still don't understand how they became this stupid.
                          I think it's selfishness more than stupidity. "They can't tell me I have to wear a mask. They can't tell me I have to get a shot." There's so much focus on a perceived relinquishment of personal freedom, that they don't even consider the greater good.

I'm sick and tired of the selfishness. Everyone wants a government hand-out. Everyone wants the government to pay off their debts. Everyone wants someone else to pay for their needs. And now, entirely too many people are unwilling to invest a few minutes and a sore arm for a few hours to protect their neighbors. Personal responsibility has vanished in this country.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Here is another thing about the Trumpsters. One reason they won’t take the vaccine is they say (wrongly) and t wasn’t tested enough and doesn’t have full FDA approval (second part is true though if they saw what review it did go through they would see very little difference). But last year when Trump was shoving hydroxychloroquine down our throats with zero study by anyone for treatment of Covid they couldn’t take that drug fast enough

Comment

Here is another thing about the Trumpsters. One reason they won’t take the vaccine is they say (wrongly) and t wasn’t tested enough and doesn’t have full FDA approval (second part is true though if they saw what review it did go through they would see very little difference). But last year when Trump was shoving hydroxychloroquine down our throats with zero study by anyone for treatment of Covid they couldn’t take that drug fast enough
                              Full FDA approval will be here soon. They'll have to find another excuse but I'm hopeful some will use that as a way to give themselves permission to get vaccinated.

Comment

A little more detailed breakdown of who the unvaccinated are.

Comment

Working...
                                X