Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

If people are interested in how a government could stop the spread, Taiwan would be the best example.

If people are interested in how a government could stop the spread after it has broken out, Korea may be the best example.

But one of the biggest reasons why they could be so effective is that they have national health care which gives them an established data base. It would be a lot easier for them to carry out any testing, monitoring and tracking. Not sure if it's applicable to United States. Still, the government could do a lot as lots of corporates are following the stand of the government.

Hong Kong situation is a bit different as we have just gone through SARS.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
      So not an answer to any of my question and no defense of Trump’s handling of the situation. But thanks for the wall of text.
      Your post did not have a single question. I'm confused.

Comment

It is despicable that so many people -- on both sides of the political isle - see the virus as "how can I get political advantage."

The press is the worse. I have no idea where to go for true non-bias news. It does not exist.
        "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
          It's not really arguable that the U.S. was less aggressive and less able to test its citizens than other countries.

Not sure how that gets to the U.S. being a main cause of the pandemic? That doesn't make any sense. What it does lead to is the country's inability to track the virus, which makes the response weaker in the U.S.
          But then you're saying that Trump's response, or lack of response, had no major effect on this thing. Or no effect worthy of being mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
            It is despicable that so many people -- on both sides of the political isle - see the virus as "how can I get political advantage."

The press is the worse. I have no idea where to go for true non-bias news. It does not exist.
            I think BBC is pretty unbiased but obviously their coverage isn't American based.

Comment

NYC closing schools

Comment

The one side of the media to first avoid is the one that has been calling it a hoax. The one Nunes was on today telling them to go out to eat. And don’t blame the media because people are greedy and selfish. We have been that way long before this

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                  NYC closing schools
                  Until at least April 20th! Jeez...

Comment

Trump just spoke for 15 minutes. Talked w lot about Wall Street. It a single word on when the kits will be available and what is being done about the shortage of ventilators. In fact nothing about the virus itself

Comment

NYC closing schools
                      Finally..Cuomo made DeBlasio do it.
                      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                        Trump just spoke for 15 minutes. Talked w lot about Wall Street. Not a single word on when the kits will be available and what is being done about the shortage of ventilators. In fact nothing about the virus itself
                        It sure gives the appearance that he cares more about the economic impacts of the virus more than the virus itself, however this is the way it should be. When it comes to what’s next in the fight against the virus, he has no idea what he’s talking about, and the last thing we need to hear right now are more of his wild claims and hunches.
                        Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                          It sure gives the appearance that he cares more about the economic impacts of the virus more than the virus itself, however this is the way it should be. When it comes to what’s next in the fight against the virus, he has no idea what he’s talking about, and the last thing we need to hear right now are more of his wild claims and hunches.
                          Which is a sad fact in of itself

Comment

And the Dow that Trump was bragging about yesterday. Futures down 800 points

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                              And the Dow that Trump was bragging about yesterday. Futures down 800 points
                              I assumed that was why the fed lowered rates. Get a bounce in the morning.

Comment

I assumed that was why the fed lowered rates. Get a bounce in the morning.
                                Actually it dropped after the announcement too. Now over 900.

Comment

Working...
                                X