No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone on MSNBC today thinks it is very possible for an EUA for ages 5-11 by Halloween

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
      It came with a fancy registered horse name but they call the horse Piper
      Do you know what breed of horse it is?
      Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post

Once upon a time in my past life, I was employed as the Payroll Manager of the now defunct big box toy store company known as Toys R Us.
        I used to get calls from managers in stores telling me there was a quarter stuck in the horsey ride out front and what should they do.
        I believe the breed of those horses was plastic.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Once upon a time in my past life, I was employed as the Payroll Manager of the now defunct big box toy store company known as Toys R Us.
          I used to get calls from managers in stores telling me there was a quarter stuck in the horsey ride out front and what should they do.
          I believe the breed of those horses was plastic.
          But what were their names?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
            But what were their names?
            Sandy, Bucky and Champion (for the most part).

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

Sandy, Bucky and Champion (for the most part).
              I bet those weren’t the fancy registered horse names.
              Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

I bet those weren’t the fancy registered horse names.
                JDP was the payroll guy. I'm sure he'd be the one to know if they had fancy registered plastic horse names.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post

JDP was the payroll guy. I'm sure he'd be the one to know if they had fancy registered plastic horse names.
                  They also used to call me to see how to get the carpet in the lobby cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post

Is Expensive a breed? (Hanoverian
                    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                      Someone on MSNBC today thinks it is very possible for an EUA for ages 5-11 by Halloween
                      I was hoping for late this month.
                      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

These are from today:

@megtirrell
                        ·
                        3h
                        Pfizer CFO on timeline for #covid19 vaccine for kids, today at Morgan Stanley conf: -results in kids 5-11 by end of Sept, filing for EUA early Oct -filing for EUA for kids 6 months - 5 years about a month later, early Nov (clarity on timeline for younger kids is new) (1/2)

@megtirrell
                        ·
                        3h
                        Important re: Pfizer timeline for kids: -availability of vaccine also based on length of FDA review;
                        @ScottGottliebMD
                        has suggested 4-6 wks; Reuters reported health officials said could be 3 wks -everything is dependent on data showing it’s safe, produces immune response (2/2)

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

The request may go in by then, but Dr. Fauci said it takes at least two weeks for the FDA to review and approve. So actual shot in arm mid to late October (Pfizer) and early November for Moderna

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

The request may go in by then, but Dr. Fauci said it takes at least two weeks for the FDA to review and approve. So actual shot in arm mid to late October (Pfizer) and early November for Moderna
                            Sigh. It feels like forever. I know it's not, but we've waited so long and so many kids are getting sick. My kids are super healthy, which is so fortunate, and thus really low risk. You just never know, though. I've seen too many young, healthy people die of this. It truly changes one's perspective.

You can bet I'll be first in line with them when it's available!
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

These are from today:

I'm hoping Reuters is correct here. Three weeks would be amazing. I won't count on that, though.

Comment

I was reading tributes to local folks who've died of COVID. One of the local news stations allows families to submit remembrances. As I was reading about all of the people taken from their loved ones too soon, it hit me that the vast majority are Latinx. (Our largest POC group in this area by far.) The youngest victims are mostly of that ethnicity, as well. Yes, there are exceptions, but I'm making a generalization.

Part of it could be that they're more likely to make online tributes, since this is not scientific, but the numbers are super disproportionate. Most of the folks listed died before the vaccine was available.

It also struck me how disrespectful the wilful non-vaxers are to the memories of folks who did not have the chance to be vaccinated.

https://kvoa.com/facesofcovid19/

Comment

Working...
                                X