Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1472685700323713031?s=21

Senator Elizabeth Warren tests positive for Covid.
    She says that her symptoms are mild, thankfully, likely due to her being vaccinated and having had her booster shot.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

I've posted here with Tex for a long time. I'm confident that that isn't what she's saying.

Same.
      Thanks y'all. I've had posts taken wrong before. It happens. But I've never been called a republican! That stung. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

This administration is f'ing evil and monstrous and I hate them so much.

Screw any children below 5 years old since they can't get the vaccine yet even if they/their parents want. Screw any teenagers who want to get vaccinated but their parents won't let them. Screw anyone who is immunocompromised or unvaccinated not by choice. Screw protecting all of the citizens of the country and let's place the blame on them instead of us for not doing anything more. Let's just go ahead and pretend that unvaccinated people don't exist at all in our happy capitalist paradise.
        I agree that this is a terrible and experience tells us that you can't shame people into doing something they don't agree with. It's counterproductive and heartless. It's simply wrong. Full stop.But it's also two paragraphs from a press conference and not a standalone policy statement. As usual, context does matter and the rest of the presser tells a different story. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-officials-74/

I'd also
        be curious to know if the WH was behind the statement or if it just slipped across the slimey lips of known monster Jeff Zients. Not that it matters. The statement is what it is and he represents the admin but I really dislike that guy.

edit: one last thing. I do think the message needs to be more direct and forceful than the one they've been giving. not sure exactly what it should be though.

Comment

This administration is really nailing that "substitute teacher who puts on a movie" energy lately.
          Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

This administration is f'ing evil and monstrous and I hate them so much.

Screw any children below 5 years old since they can't get the vaccine yet even if they/their parents want. Screw any teenagers who want to get vaccinated but their parents won't let them. Screw anyone who is immunocompromised or unvaccinated not by choice. Screw protecting all of the citizens of the country and let's place the blame on them instead of us for not doing anything more. Let's just go ahead and pretend that unvaccinated people don't exist at all in our happy capitalist paradise.
            There is nothing factually wrong with this statement and if you want to talk evil, it’s the unvaccinated who can be that are evil for overwhelming the hospitals in the first place.

but I will say this looks a lot like Pilate washing his hands.
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

There is nothing factually wrong with this statement and if you want to talk evil, it’s the unvaccinated who can be that are evil for overwhelming the hospitals in the first place.

but I will say this looks a lot like Pilate washing his hands.
              Obviously this was not aimed at children under 4. I am so sick of my life being deemed worthless by selfish and stupid people who would listen to a cult leader for medical advice over experienced scientists. The vaccines have been out a year now. How much longer are we supposed to tolerate this stupidity?

Comment

Obviously this was not aimed at children under 4. I am so sick of my life being deemed worthless by selfish and stupid people who would listen to a cult leader for medical advice over experienced scientists. The vaccines have been out a year now. How much longer are we supposed to tolerate this stupidity?
                I’m with you. And I’m not even immune compromised like you are for your transplant.
                Baseball is life;

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It’s almost like vaccines save lives and keep people out of the hospital.
                    Baseball is life;

Comment

So per the CDC, the death rate for boosted is now literally 1 in a million? Vaxxed 5 in a million? Even the unvaxxed, 61 in a million? What is the lag on this data (i.e. does it include any affects of Omicron)? This seems like very positive news, especially if it captures the leading edge of Omicron as well as the more recent reductions in social distancing (e.g. kids returning to school, more workers returning to office, etc).

Comment

10 NHL teams have had to shut down due to covid. Three NFL games were postponed and less than a month in, Omicron is the dominant strain in the US after three record breaking days. And Christmas is Saturday so the numbers will really spike in a week or two

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

It’s almost like vaccines save lives and keep people out of the hospital.
                          Who'da thunk it?
                          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

NHL announces complete shutdown of league effective Wednesday. First complete shutdown of a league since just after the pandemic first started. The pause for now is one week

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...sts/index.html

President Joe Biden will announce Tuesday a purchase of a half-billion at-home rapid Covid-19 tests and a plan to distribute them free to Americans who request them through a website, one of a series of new steps he'll unveil as the country faces a potentially crippling wintertime surge of infections.
                              The 500 million new tests will be made available next month and will reach Americans through the mail, the official said. The administration is still working to determine how many tests each household may request.
                              Late but better than not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
                                So per the CDC, the death rate for boosted is now literally 1 in a million? Vaxxed 5 in a million? Even the unvaxxed, 61 in a million? What is the lag on this data (i.e. does it include any affects of Omicron)? This seems like very positive news, especially if it captures the leading edge of Omicron as well as the more recent reductions in social distancing (e.g. kids returning to school, more workers returning to office, etc).
                                Because they don't want to show how non-deadly and mild Omicron is.

Also, what's the data for the unvaccinated in the last 3-6 months when some treatment options have been introduced as opposed to the beginning when they had nothing?
                                Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X