Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    My kids are part of the like 10% that still wear masks at school, but ask every week if they can stop. I'm more open to it than my wife. I feel torn between doing what's probably smart, and making them feel ostracized at school at an age where it's tough enough to go to school (middle school). Transmissions aren't high (that I know of) at the school, and windows can be open now. Still not sure what the right choice is.
    There aren't even 10% wearing them at our school. I have my kids wear theirs, but they beg to stop. There hasn't been a new case there in quite a while, and I know sometimes my kids forget to put them back on after recess.

Idk if there is a "right" choice.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

There aren't even 10% wearing them at our school. I have my kids wear theirs, but they beg to stop. There hasn't been a new case there in quite a while, and I know sometimes my kids forget to put them back on after recess.

Idk if there is a "right" choice.
      I'd say fewer than 5% of the kids in our district wear masks and less than 10% of teachers. Our nurse says, since the mask mandate removal, only a couple of mask wearers have tested positive about of about 200 cases, but she admits that is incredibly hard to track for all the obvious reasons.

I'll add this, in my school alone, none of the people still wearing masks have ever tested "positive" at any stage of the pandemic. Almost everyone else has.
      Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
      who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
      'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Positivity rate is used to 13.91% in Connecticut and that is likely low due home testing.

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

I'd say fewer than 5% of the kids in our district wear masks and less than 10% of teachers. Our nurse says, since the mask mandate removal, only a couple of mask wearers have tested positive about of about 200 cases, but she admits that is incredibly hard to track for all the obvious reasons.

I'll add this, in my school alone, none of the people still wearing masks have ever tested "positive" at any stage of the pandemic. Almost everyone else has.
          My kids tested positive in January, sadly, despite being among the few vaccinated and wearing masks.
          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

My kids tested positive in January, sadly, despite being among the few vaccinated and wearing masks.
            I can believe it. In January, we had so many kids out with COVID, I was deeply surprised I did not get it.

Comment

Million US COVID dead are younger than you think.

https://insidemedicine.bulletin.com/...han-you-think/

Comment

My kids got their boosters. I was happy.

Comment

Trip to Florida resulted in 2 daughters and grandma getting COVID, the other 4 of us showing negative but we’ll see. None of the 3 have serious symptoms.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Hope you are stay symptom free and no one get really sick.

Comment

Do better, Florida.

FVa2l2bXEAUNTpl?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Good lord, the Murdochs are monsters.

FV6ErfqXgAAVkYA?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Good lord, the Murdochs are monsters.

FV6ErfqXgAAVkYA?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                          My kids cried, too, and they're older than these kids. It broke my heart in pieces, but I'm still glad they're vaccinated. It wasn't even an option not to do it. It's my job to protect them.

Comment

My kids cried, too, and they're older than these kids. It broke my heart in pieces, but I'm still glad they're vaccinated. It wasn't even an option not to do it. It's my job to protect them.
                            Kids cry when they get shots. That's not news. Showing it like this paints it as traumatic when in actuality we're doing what we can to keep kids safe.

Comment

Kids cry when they get shots. That's not news. Showing it like this paints it as traumatic when in actuality we're doing what we can to keep kids safe.
                              I agree.

Mine had never cried for other shots. Just this one. I have no idea why it was different for them.

Comment

I agree.

Mine had never cried for other shots. Just this one. I have no idea why it was different for them.
                                My youngest didn't cry at all for the 2nd, just the 1st. Said she didn't even feel the 2nd one.

Comment

Working...
                                X