Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Coronavirus was discovered in the US and in SK on the same day.

Special Report: How Korea trounced U.S. in race to test people for coronavirus

South Korea’s swift action stands in stark contrast to what has transpired in the United States. Seven weeks after the train station meeting, the Koreans have tested well over 290,000 people and identified over 8,000 infections. New cases are falling off: Ninety-three were reported Wednesday, down from a daily peak of 909 two weeks earlier.

The United States, whose first case was detected the same day as South Korea’s, is not even close to meeting demand for testing. About 60,000 tests have been run by public and private labs in a country of 330 million, federal officials said Tuesday.
    How the United States fell so far behind South Korea, according to infectious disease experts, clinicians and state and local officials, is a tale of many contrasts in the two nations’ public health systems: a streamlined bureaucracy versus a congested one, bold versus cautious leadership, and a sense of urgency versus a reliance on protocol.

Comment

Without delving too deeply into politics, as someone who's living under Merkel's leadership, I'm hoping that her example is a model for the next generation of European politicians more than some of the . . . excitable and volatile alternatives out there. I definitely don't always agree with her policies, but she generally exudes calm and thoughtfulness, and people take what she says seriously.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
      Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Comment

Some somewhat good news...

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...ves-treatments

Volunteers produce 3D-printed valves for life-saving coronavirus treatments
        Volunteers made the valves for about $1

A group of Italian volunteers distributed 3D-printed versions of a vital medical device — but it doesn’t appear that the original manufacturer threatened a legal crackdown. As we reported earlier, Cristian Fracassi and Alessandro Romaioli used their 3D printer to create unofficial copies of a patented valve, which was in short supply at Italian hospitals. Business Insider Italia quoted Massimo Temporelli, the Italian professor who recruited the pair, saying that the device maker threatened them with an infringement claim.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
          Are they medical grade? This is not a trend we should be embracing.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
            Are they medical grade? This is not a trend we should be embracing.
            I see what you mean, but also, I'd say any port in a storm for the next month.

Comment

I noticed some stores have been suspending their return policy and now all sales are final. So that's something you might want to take note of.
              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                I noticed some stores have been suspending their return policy and now all sales are final. So that's something you might want to take note of.
                I guess I can't return the toilet paper.
                Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                  I guess I can't return the toilet paper.
                  But you could sell it in a parking lot from the back of your car and make a fortune.
                  You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                    Frick.
                    Accidental or intentional double entendre?
                    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                      Accidental or intentional double entendre?
                      :lol:

Comment

Here we go, you got to love Americans and their love affair with guns. Perhaps, they think this virus will moth their victims into zombies?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/busin...les/index.html
                        NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                          Here we go, you got to love Americans and their love affair with guns. Perhaps, they think this virus will moth their victims into zombies?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/busin...les/index.html
                          Just getting ready for the Mad Max world of utter lawlessness.

"The world has never seen anything like this and people want to make sure they're prepared for whatever lies ahead, whether that be food shortages, government shutdown, or worse," a spokesperson for Ammo.com said in an emailed statement. "When everything around you is uncertain, having a supply of ammunition can make our customers feel safer."

Comment

Gov. Cuomo today -"just stay away from people"

That's always been my motto.

Comment

Samesies.
                              Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

That's also always been my motto, but being told to stay away from people is bothering me. I've been doing the same thing I would be doing, only less work, for the last week and a half, but I'm somewhat inexplicably getting stir crazy.
                                -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Comment

Working...
                                X