Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HfxBob
    replied
    When I was looking for articles about Fauci, I also had the misfortune of learning about some lab experiments conducted on dogs. Made me sick, to say the least.

    Leave a comment:


  • HfxBob
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

    I will concede this much- I don’t discount the possibility that it originated in a lab. It’s equally plausible to me as “ate a bat”. But, it also wouldn’t be a first to start from a wet market.
    The thing is, because China refuses to cooperate with any investigation, it looks like we'll never know for sure.
    Last edited by Maynerd; 11-19-21, 09:38 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • HfxBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

    I'd also like to hear the answers to these questions. Share bob. What do you think was the correct thing for Fauci to have told us on 2/29/2020?
    Pretty hard for me to say, because I have neither his information nor his knowledge.

    Let me put it this way: as a lay person it SEEMS to me that his "low risk" assessment was a bad one. Either that or he was trying to downplay the situation to keep people from freaking out. Some have suggested he was only saying what he was told to say regardless of whether it was true or not. But that implies that he's a very weak man.

    Also, I don't completely trust him because of his connections to, and advocacy of, gain of function research.

    Leave a comment:


  • Texsahara
    replied
    Originally posted by YFIB View Post

    That's not even the full statement. But, whatever. What should we have done? This was where we were on 2/29/2020:

    So, on 2/29:



    And if you think we should have been a lot more restrictive, what should we be doing now?
    I'd also like to hear the answers to these questions. Share bob. What do you think was the correct thing for Fauci to have told us on 2/29/2020?

    Leave a comment:


  • YankeePride1967
    replied
    Because Dr.Fauci, with 40 years of experience made a mistake18 months ago, I get my medical advice from Joe Rogan and eat horse paste

    Leave a comment:


  • JL25and3
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

    I will concede this much- I don’t discount the possibility that it originated in a lab. It’s equally plausible to me as “ate a bat”. But, it also wouldn’t be a first to start from a wet market.

    But I don’t believe he knowingly downplayed a massive threat only to quickly pivot to extreme measures within weeks. At most, I think we would find he was naive about faith in his peers.
    But…but…he told us not to wear masks! He lied!

    Leave a comment:


  • ojo
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

    A few cases soon to be zeros.

    it will magically go away.

    we should look into injecting disinfectant into people

    and you choose to vent your anger a Fauci being imprecise at the start of a pandemic of a new virus where they weren’t 100% sure of how it was most commonly spread?
    He needs to wait for all the facts to come out about the Predict Project (whose primary purpose is to classify and track the spread of viruses (including the coronavirus), so it makes perfect sense he's willing to throw Fauci under the bus on a small picture technicality.

    Leave a comment:


  • YankeePride1967
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

    A few cases soon to be zeros.

    it will magically go away.

    we should look into injecting disinfectant into people

    and you choose to vent your anger a Fauci being imprecise at the start of a pandemic of a new virus where they weren’t 100% sure of how it was most commonly spread?
    Is there some way we can inject sunlight into the lungs?

    Leave a comment:


  • Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

    Yes, I know exactly what it means.

    Fauci said "the risk is low, but that could change". The second part does nothing to change his present assessment that the risk is low. It just says there may be another assessment later - which goes without saying.

    It was a bad assessment, considering it was only 11 days before the pandemic was official. Maybe you just can't wrap your head around that.
    A few cases soon to be zeros.

    it will magically go away.

    we should look into injecting disinfectant into people

    and you choose to vent your anger a Fauci being imprecise at the start of a pandemic of a new virus where they weren’t 100% sure of how it was most commonly spread?

    Leave a comment:


  • YFIB
    replied
    Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

    Yes, I know exactly what it means.

    Fauci said "the risk is low, but that could change". The second part does nothing to change his present assessment that the risk is low. It just says there may be another assessment later - which goes without saying.

    It was a bad assessment, considering it was only 11 days before the pandemic was official. Maybe you just can't wrap your head around that.
    That's not even the full statement. But, whatever. What should we have done? This was where we were on 2/29/2020:

    So, on 2/29:

    5:46 p.m. ET, February 29, 2020There are 69 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of coronavirus in the US, CDC says

    From CNN’s Michael Nedelman

    There are now 69 confirmed and presumptive positive cases of novel coronavirus in the United States, according to an update Saturday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

    These include 44 people who were aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, three people repatriated from China and 22 US cases, according to CDC.

    A presumptive positive case has tested positive by a public health lab and is pending confirmation from CDC.

    The 22 US cases are in Arizona, California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington and Wisconsin. Thirteen of these cases are travel-related and nine are linked to person-to-person spread, according to the CDC. Cases are cumulative from January 21 through Saturday.
    And if you think we should have been a lot more restrictive, what should we be doing now?

    Leave a comment:


  • philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

    I'm not saying Trump didn't screw up on COVID. I have heard the stories about him pulling resources out of China before the pandemic, and to be honest I've never really gotten all the details. Knowing what I do now about China's government, I wonder if those resources would have been able to function as intended.

    I'm just very skeptical of Fauci. Especially because of his connections to the gain of function research stuff.

    Here's a fairly recent story on that.

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...earch-in-wuhan
    I will concede this much- I don’t discount the possibility that it originated in a lab. It’s equally plausible to me as “ate a bat”. But, it also wouldn’t be a first to start from a wet market.

    But I don’t believe he knowingly downplayed a massive threat only to quickly pivot to extreme measures within weeks. At most, I think we would find he was naive about faith in his peers.

    Leave a comment:


  • philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

    I'm not saying Trump didn't screw up on COVID. I have heard the stories about him pulling resources out of China before the pandemic, and to be honest I've never really gotten all the details. Knowing what I do now about China's government, I wonder if those resources would have been able to function as intended.

    I'm just very skeptical of Fauci. Especially because of his connections to the gain of function research stuff.

    Here's a fairly recent story on that.

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...earch-in-wuhan
    How many known US Covid deaths on 2/29?

    Leave a comment:


  • HfxBob
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

    Hi Bob. Over here
    I'm not saying Trump didn't screw up on COVID. I have heard the stories about him pulling resources out of China before the pandemic, and to be honest I've never really gotten all the details. Knowing what I do now about China's government, I wonder if those resources would have been able to function as intended.

    I'm just very skeptical of Fauci. Especially because of his connections to the gain of function research stuff.

    Here's a fairly recent story on that.

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...earch-in-wuhan

    Leave a comment:


  • philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    So, in your own words, we can’t trust anything coming out of China; the person most responsible for communicating the threat here abdicated that responsibility- what was the thing that was supposed to have Fauci hit the panic button as a once-in-a-generation emergency? And, when he did communicate that level of threat what was (and still is) the response of Trump and his followers? Death threats were just a part of it. There’s nothing that could have been said to those people that would have changed where we are now.

    But we could have had someone in charge that maintained the existing response plan and team.
    Hi Bob. Over here

    Leave a comment:


  • HfxBob
    replied
    Originally posted by YFIB View Post

    Do you know what that means? The other words in the sentence (and statement) literally make it a qualified assertion.



    https://answerstoall.com/science/wha...-an-assertion/

    Hope that's helpful.
    Yes, I know exactly what it means.

    Fauci said "the risk is low, but that could change". The second part does nothing to change his present assessment that the risk is low. It just says there may be another assessment later - which goes without saying.

    It was a bad assessment, considering it was only 11 days before the pandemic was official. Maybe you just can't wrap your head around that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X