Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    My wife has friends and clients calling/texting her all the time asking if she can cut their hair and she always refuses because she doesn't want the close personal contact. While most of them understand her position, there are some who get furious with her. People are an amusing and selfish bunch.
    Some barbers have set up shop in their homes. They claim to take one client at a time with nobody waiting, wear a mask and sterilize everything between clients. Ask your wife what she thinks about that.
    Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
      Some barbers have set up shop in their homes. They claim to take one client at a time with nobody waiting, wear a mask and sterilize everything between clients. Ask your wife what she thinks about that.
      It's still pretty close contact. And eff all those people who think they really need haircuts.
      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
        It's still pretty close contact. And eff all those people who think they really need haircuts.
        Agreed. No haircuts. Just let it be.
        Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
          Agreed. No haircuts. Just let it be.
          They're just being vain. It's not like they have to shave their beards or something.

Comment

I’m not going 3 months without one. You can get clippers and scissors without spending too much. I’ll have my wife watch some YouTube videos. I’m not looking for perfection.
            Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
              I’m not going 3 months without one. You can get clippers and scissors without spending too much. I’ll have my wife watch some YouTube videos. I’m not looking for perfection.
              I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If I go three months, I'll go three months.

Comment

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If I go three months, I'll go three months.
                Werd. I'm kind of looking forward to the long-haired old hippie with the white ponytail look. I went in to this overdue for a cut, so it may not be that long.

But I ain't gonna cut the beard. If I go out with the respirator, I'll flood the seal area with shaving gel that I don't use anyway, and hope that makes a seal. I have my limits.
                "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                  Werd. I'm kind of looking forward to the long-haired old hippie with the white ponytail look. I went in to this overdue for a cut, so it may not be that long.

But I ain't gonna cut the beard. If I go out with the respirator, I'll flood the seal area with shaving gel that I don't use anyway, and hope that makes a seal. I have my limits.
                  For all I know, the N95 will be less uncomfortable than the surgical mask. I doubt it, but I'll see. Then I can probably start regrowing the beard pretty quickly, because I won't need the supermask much, if at all.

Honestly, I think the risk at my hospital is not great enough for all this mask-fitting. I shouldn't have one until everyone working at a medical hospital has access to one.

Comment

I got my hair cut this afternoon. I know someone.

Bub, she doesn't want a lot of people coming into the house. More often than not we have Clemence here. She doesn't want to risk her getting the virus.
                    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                      Not even close. Whole different architecture. They have the SAME performance against viruses (the 95 part), but what I said about lifespan applies. This P95 is multiple use, technically a respirator, not a mere mask, while N95 are theoretically one time only. Yes P95 also protect against oily chemicals like auto paint which is why I have it.

We are talking different types, 3M does make disposible ones ones like the N95 we are seeing in the media. The P95 version looks like this:

You have a higher quality type mask where you just swap out the filters

Comment

I keep getting bombarded with emails from my bank and credit card companies telling me "We're Here to Help!" Even freaskin' Comcast sent me one.

Yeah, sure they are.
                        Ask them for a roll of double ply and see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                          Ask them for a roll of double ply and see what they say
                          I probably should start saving those 4 foot long CVS receipts for emergencies.
                          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

I probably should start saving those 4 foot long CVS receipts for emergencies.
                            Not a bad idea. I should save the one's I get from CVS.

Comment

Bonus points for the soothing background music.

Comment

It’s like being thanked by an ATM.

Good news: as I think i said, Monday I’ll be fitted for an N95 mask.
                                Bad news: I have to shave off my beard.
                                How will you survive?

I desperately need a haircut, but I'm not getting one. It's bothering me so much, though, that I think I'm gonna order some proper shears and watch some YouTube videos. I can't stand it. I'm sure I'll butcher it, but it'll grow.
                                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Working...
                                X