2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

I like Seager but that would be a mistake...a huge one especially the 10 to 12 years that Boras will command. His injury history and lack of elite defense is a huge drawback IMO.
    How would you handle short next year?

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post

Correa. He is on another level compared to Seager.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post

Correa. He is on another level compared to Seager.
        What makes you think Correa would command a lesser deal than Seager?
        "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

What makes you think Correa would command a lesser deal than Seager?
          Correa is going to command something north of what Lindor signed for... Because, ya know, he's better than Lindor.
          "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Comment

I just don’t know how Correa would fit in the Yankee clubhouse. He might be a high-performing SS, but he and Altuve were the faces of the 2017 Cheating Astros.

I just recently finished reading “The Bronx Zoo” and I could see a parallel between the arrogant, strutting Correa and the egotistical Reggie Jackson (as portrayed by Sparky Lyle anyway). For a group of players to perform at their best, you’d think they’d need to be a cohesive team. I don’t know if Correa would positively contribute to such cohesion.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieYank View Post
              I just don’t know how Correa would fit in the Yankee clubhouse. He might be a high-performing SS, but he and Altuve were the faces of the 2017 Cheating Astros.

I just recently finished reading “The Bronx Zoo” and I could see a parallel between the arrogant, strutting Correa and the egotistical Reggie Jackson (as portrayed by Sparky Lyle anyway). For a group of players to perform at their best, you’d think they’d need to be a cohesive team. I don’t know if Correa would positively contribute to such cohesion.
              I think his career 127 OPS+ would cohere very nicely in the clubhouse. But I don't think the Yankees will spend more than the 10 year, 341mil contract.
              "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Comment

Originally posted by effdamets View Post

I think his career 127 OPS+ would cohere very nicely in the clubhouse. But I don't think the Yankees will spend more than the 10 year, 341mil contract.
                I didn’t think Gio made that much.

Comment

Originally posted by hhill View Post

I would sign Simmons to a 2 year deal max and then use the money they would have spent on a Seager to make a hard push for Freeman.

Peraza and Volpe should be ready by 2023 sometime.

Comment

They’ll use the Astros cheating scandal as an excuse but I suspect they’re putting that spin on it as an excuse not to spend on him. They’ve already let it leak that they have “soured” on Story and I’m sure once the WS is over we’ll hear “whispers” about concerns with Seager too. They will then sign a much cheaper (and far less talented option) and use Volpe as an excuse (he’s only 2 years away, no need to spend big when he’s almost ready!)
                    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Comment

Correa’s 127 OPS+ is coincidentally the same as Rizzo’s career OPS+
                      He’s aging well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

They’ll use the Astros cheating scandal as an excuse but I suspect they’re putting that spin on it as an excuse not to spend on him. They’ve already let it leak that they have “soured” on Story and I’m sure once the WS is over we’ll hear “whispers” about concerns with Seager too. They will then sign a much cheaper (and far less talented option) and use Volpe as an excuse (he’s only 2 years away, no need to spend big when he’s almost ready!)
                        Yep. Cashman setting up all the excuses now while we wait for the WS to end.

Comment

I don't think they're going to commit long term (5 years+) to anyone with the amount of bad contracts they have on the books and a bad contract for Judge on deck.

Sign Semien to play SS for 5 years with multiple opt outs
                          Trade for Olson, Ketel, and Barnhardt

Let's Go Yankees!

Comment

Seems like they spent the teens getting out of long crappy deals.
                            now they are heading back that way.. Cole, Stanton, Seager?

Comment

Ketel is not a good CF'er based on the fielding metrics I have seen.

Comment

They've soured on Story? At this point, I just want someone who can beat out a slow ground ball to 3rd or short. Seager is not that guy, I was watching the NLCS in LA with dodger buddies and remember asking them, I thought seager could run, after being thrown out on a soft GB to the middle of the infield, they responded "Yeah so did we". 300+ mil to him would be a terrible contract.

Lets the Oswaldo brothers be your opening day SS and 2nb and ship off Gleyber and Voit somewhere for a first baseman, maybe Jared Walsh?

Comment

Working...
                                X