Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

    He was asked a question and he answered honestly. It’s a non-story to me. Either way, I prefer Seager but that’s just me.
    Then maybe while he is studying up on Jeter he should study the way Jeter answered questions like that.

    Comment


      "Does this dress make my ass look fat?"

      Sometimes the honest answer isn't the best answer.
      I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

      Comment


        Originally posted by sd. View Post

        Then maybe while he is studying up on Jeter he should study the way Jeter answered questions like that.
        That is good NyyFans.com right there.

        "Well, I think players were judged through the eras differently. Jeets was a great player. 6th all time hits? [gets some nods in the room] Maybe all the shifts going on create a crazy need for range that shortstops from 25 years ago didn't have to deal with. Next question."
        “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

        Comment


          Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

          Informed people know this would be a high-risk and expensive signing with a high probability of ending poorly.

          Spending $20+ million a year on a 39-year-old power pitcher dependent of spider tack and recovering from major elbow surgery is literally one of the very worse ways Cashman could spend that money. 🤦♂
          On the bright side the Yankees also would get Kate Upton.

          I don't have issue with signing Verlander as long as they don't use this as an excuse for no money going after Seager/ Correa.

          Comment


            Originally posted by kan_t View Post

            On the bright side the Yankees also would get Kate Upton.

            I don't have issue with signing Verlander as long as they don't use this as an excuse for no money going after Seager/ Correa.
            Knowing Cashman, he’ll go out and spend big on Verlander and Rizzo, tender Sanchez then tell us he’s proud of their built-in discipline at the Andrelton Simmons press conference.
            "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

            Comment


              Originally posted by sd. View Post

              Then maybe while he is studying up on Jeter he should study the way Jeter answered questions like that.
              Jeter never answered any questions. He spoke in platitudes and just bored you to death with the same canned responses to questions as he danced around them. 😂
              "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

              Comment


                Correa should go to the Tigers so he can unite with Hinch or Red Sox under Cora. He isn't built for NY with the cheating scandal in his past.

                The NY media wouldn't leave him alone about it.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ojo View Post

                  That is good NyyFans.com right there.

                  "Well, I think players were judged through the eras differently. Jeets was a great player. 6th all time hits? [gets some nods in the room] Maybe all the shifts going on create a crazy need for range that shortstops from 25 years ago didn't have to deal with. Next question."
                  "To be honest [interviewers name], I'm not as interested in his 5 gold gloves as I am in the 5 rings he won. They guy is an amazing talent and a first ballot hall of famer but I hope I can help my team win as often as he did, that's what matters."

                  Zim is right, it may be boring, but it is much better than what he actually did.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post

                    Not understanding all the anger being directed at Correa - he’s right. Jeter was a poor defender and didn’t deserve any of the gold gloves he won. Why would anyone be outraged at the truth?

                    On that note, Twitter is buzzing that the Yankees have made a formal offer to Verlander . Looks like Cashman is determined to completely screw up the off-season ASAP.
                    There's nothing wrong with his content, I agree, its the pure lack of tact. Plus the media is just going to bait him constantly because he has no filter and its too easy. We like it now because we need a great short stop and he is that and blunt and brutal honesty is something we haven't had in a while, but is anyone going to want to hear this guy say a word when he is mired in a slump and the team is floundering or as his talent naturally fades with age, but if they sign him we're going to have to listen to him anyway. Perhaps he'll endear himself enough early in the deal with outstanding play and some clutch postseason hits that he'll be so well regarded that people will just appreciate that kind of personality. The one positive I will say is that he at least always defends his teammates from what I've seen.

                    Still Yankee fans blasted Machado and said they didn't want him because of one "Johnny Hustle" comment not realizing that Machado unlike every player on our team at the time plays 162 or a couple games shy every year. With Correa you get one of those comments every week. When will you get tired of it? I think pretty quickly if he isn't an absolute star and the Yankees don't win a championship immediately with him.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by sd. View Post

                      Because it is unnecessary. For a guy with so much negative baggage already it is an unforced error and it seems like a pattern of going out of his way to piss people off. He also didn't have to act like he did after the cheating scandle. He sought that out too and in a huge media market like NY where they will find reasons to antagonize you if it will sell papers and you are already hated it seems like two trains going towards each other full speed ahead.
                      Cashman probably put him up to it. Guy hated Jeter. "Go forth and show Mr. Cashman your loyalty, and I will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams."
                      Calmer than you are

                      7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                      Comment


                        How do you like this roster:

                        1 - Bryan Reynolds (S) - CF
                        2 - Aaron Judge (R) - RF/DH
                        3 - Cory Seager (L) - SS
                        4 - Giancarlo Stanton (R) - DH/LF/RF
                        5 - Matt Olson (L) - 1B
                        6 - DJ LeMahieu (R) - 2B/3B/1B
                        7 - Joey Gallo (L) - LF/CF
                        8 - Gary Sanchez (R) - C
                        9 - Gio Urshela (R) - 3B/SS

                        Bench: Odor, Wade, Higashioka, Hicks, Gardner

                        SP: Cole-Manaea-Severino-Taillon-Montgomery

                        SP depth: Schmidt-Medina-King

                        Bullpen: Chapman, Green, Loaisiga, Holmes, Cortes, Luetge, Peralta, Rodriguez

                        Will these moves get us this roster? :

                        Cory Seager - 8yrs/$240M? Player and/or team opt-outs after years 3,4,& 5?
                        Bryan Reynolds for Jasson Dominguez, Luis Gil, Gleyber Torres, Estevan Florial
                        Matt Olson & Sean Manaea for $5M, Luke Voit, Domingo German, Clint Frazier, Ken Waldichuk, Albert Abreu, Anthony Volpe


                        It needs a little tweaking (27 guys) but IMO this roster can contend for an AL East title.
                        "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

                        Comment


                          We need to get away from all these expensive FA on the decline or over 30 and just play our prospects. We need to develop players instead of trading them, killing them by changes, playing them and then demoting them, or blocking them with expensive veterans. IMO Signing Judge long term is a mistake. Would you sign Wander Franco (TB) or Judge long term? Most people here would say Judge. Randy Arozarena (TB) got the AL Rookie of the Year. Both of these great young players are with TB. Do you think they will trade them? They trade players when they can't afford them or have a high trade valve and is past their prime (Archer was a super trade). WE NEED A BETTER SYSTEM FOR PLAYERS DEVELOPMENT. I want Urshela (or Peraza) at SS and then bring up Volpe. Posters are talking about FA signings to win the division HUH. I can't see it even with Seager, Gallo, and Rizzo. Isn't Glasnow coming back next year?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                            How do you like this roster:

                            1 - Bryan Reynolds (S) - CF
                            2 - Aaron Judge (R) - RF/DH
                            3 - Cory Seager (L) - SS
                            4 - Giancarlo Stanton (R) - DH/LF/RF
                            5 - Matt Olson (L) - 1B
                            6 - DJ LeMahieu (R) - 2B/3B/1B
                            7 - Joey Gallo (L) - LF/CF
                            8 - Gary Sanchez (R) - C
                            9 - Gio Urshela (R) - 3B/SS

                            Bench: Odor, Wade, Higashioka, Hicks, Gardner

                            SP: Cole-Manaea-Severino-Taillon-Montgomery

                            SP depth: Schmidt-Medina-King

                            Bullpen: Chapman, Green, Loaisiga, Holmes, Cortes, Luetge, Peralta, Rodriguez

                            Will these moves get us this roster? :

                            Cory Seager - 8yrs/$240M? Player and/or team opt-outs after years 3,4,& 5?
                            Bryan Reynolds for Jasson Dominguez, Luis Gil, Gleyber Torres, Estevan Florial
                            Matt Olson & Sean Manaea for $5M, Luke Voit, Domingo German, Clint Frazier, Ken Waldichuk, Albert Abreu, Anthony Volpe


                            It needs a little tweaking (27 guys) but IMO this roster can contend for an AL East title.
                            Sub in Oswaldo Cabrera for Volpe and that roster has me buying a chunk of tickets for a homestand.

                            Comment


                              Thor to the Angels (I think): 1/21

                              Comment


                                That Olsen trade seems to be giving them an awful lot of MLB talent that wouldn't make our roster most of which is arbitration eligible and wouldn't really save them any money.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X