No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely… sign Simmons, Rizzo, Gardner. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonMuntz View Post

I see so many fans on social media who are in complete disbelief that we are not in on any of these big name free agents. They really have not been paying attention.

Yup. It all started when they were outbid on Moncada. Cole is the one outlier.

Comment

The New York Yankees have the worst General Manager in baseball.

Prove me wrong. Name one other guy who couldn't hit the wild card round with a $200 million pay roll every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

It was even worse in the early 70's.
          The Yankees were lousy then but I grew up with Johnny Ellis, Horace Clarke, Stick Michael, Jerry Kenny, Jake Gibbs, etc. in a weird way I loved that group. Of course we can’t talk about that ERA and exclude the wife swapping fiasco….

Comment

Originally posted by yank4life2005 View Post

I honestly wouldn't mind this ONLY if this comes with a trade for Olson, SP, C and possible CF upgrade.
            I'd prefer Jose Iglesias if they're going for stop gap. Simmons is a better defender, but Iglesias is still very good defensively and hits for average. Simmons used to hit for average, but his xBA was always pretty low so he's more dependent on putting the ball in play and BABIP and defenses not adjusting to his total lack of power. Plus his past 3 year offensive performance is pitiful. Last year was beyond bad, 2020 was ok and 2019 was also really bad. It wasn't one down year, this guy can't hit at all. Should be a defensive replacement only at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
              So damn predictable. I won't comment further as it will very likely get me banned:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yankees are among teams to check in on Andrelton Simmons. They’ve always liked the defensive whiz.</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1465324054357987331?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
              This has been my expectation all along. I don't think they were planning to spend big on SS, so I actually wouldn't mind this move. Having an excellent defensive shortstop would be an interesting new look for the team. What I would like to see, however, is a major impact move for CF, a major impact move for 1B (even if it's just bringing back Rizzo), and a front line starter to slot in behind Cole. If those things don't happen, which is all too possible, then I'd be tempted to turn in my Yankee fan card.
              Yankee fan living in Maine.

Comment

Heyman tweeted Scherzer to Mets being finalized: 3y/130m.

The Mets are back in town.
                “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Their luxury tax number I saw was going to be I believe 272M for next year if they do nothing else. Hal can't afford that, he owns the B team in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vanderlay View Post

The Yankees were lousy then but I grew up with Johnny Ellis, Horace Clarke, Stick Michael, Jerry Kenny, Jake Gibbs, etc. in a weird way I loved that group. Of course we can’t talk about that ERA and exclude the wife swapping fiasco….
                    They were not totally lousy. 93 wins in 70. Terrible bullpen killed them in 71. Were in contention in 72 and 73. But I have many warm memories of going to the Stadium to see them play. And Lee McPhail was an excellent GM. As opposed to what we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post
                      The New York Yankees have the worst General Manager in baseball.

Prove me wrong. Name one other guy who couldn't hit the wild card round with a $200 million pay roll every year.
                      Last year, the Mets had a 2021 payroll of $201 mil; didn't make the playoffs. In 2019, the Cubs had a 221 mil payroll, didn't make the playoffs. It happens.
                      More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

The #Yankees have signed shortstop Jose Peraza to a minor league deal. The 27 year old played 64 games with the Mets in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime714 View Post

Their luxury tax number I saw was going to be I believe 272M for next year if they do nothing else. Hal can't afford that, he owns the B team in NYC.
                          As long as Hal makes money he really does not care.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime714 View Post

And that LT number is based on current levels.
                            “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post

As long as Hal makes money he really does not care.
                              True, I think if he even watches the games he's only doing so to keep tabs on the playoff revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

I am glad to see the Mets behaving like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X