No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real question is WHY the Yankees weren't in on Scherzer. Was it Hal not wanted to go that high even short term, or was Cashman no interested? We will never know, but it is a huge piece of information.

Comment

Originally posted by sd. View Post
      The real question is WHY the Yankees weren't in on Scherzer. Was it Hal not wanted to go that high even short term, or was Cashman no interested? We will never know, but it is a huge piece of information.
      Hal

Comment

It appears to me they are dead set on doing nothing until there is clarity on the new CBA, and what the LT threshold will be
        Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Comment

Because if they seem interested and Cohen wins, it makes the Yankees look weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixwell View Post

After 2021, the Mets fired their GM. After 2019, the Cubs moved to a new President as well.

You've only strengthened my point.
            No, what I showed was that there are some GM's , like Casman, with 2 mil+ payrolls that did not get to a wild card spot, as you implied anyone could get to with that payroll.
            More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Comment

My guess is many of the team owners are engaged in a form of collusion (refraining from big ticket FA spending until the new CBA is reached), and Cohen (as well as a few other team owners) thumbed their noses at that.
              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Scherzer is exactly the type of SP you want to slot in at #2 for the remainder of Cole’s prime.
                I am not Sold on Max pitching in the AL East vs the NL where he has been most of his life. Teams like the Sox's and US have had some good luck vs him. Toronto and Boston are way more powerful then pitching to the Braves and marlins.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyWilliams View Post

I am not Sold on Max pitching in the AL East vs the NL where he has been most of his life. Teams like the Sox's and US have had some good luck vs him. Toronto and Boston are way more powerful then pitching to the Braves and marlins.
                  Max Scherzer is 1-3 with a 5.40 ERA in his past seven starts vs. #Braves, with 37 hits, eight homers and 22 earned runs allowed in 36 2/3 innings. He's 10-9 w/ 3.89 ERA in 28 career games (26 starts) vs. Atlanta including one postseason start, 4-6 in the past 15 of those starts.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb View Post

Max Scherzer is 1-3 with a 5.40 ERA in his past seven starts vs. #Braves, with 37 hits, eight homers and 22 earned runs allowed in 36 2/3 innings. He's 10-9 w/ 3.89 ERA in 28 career games (26 starts) vs. Atlanta including one postseason start, 4-6 in the past 15 of those starts.
                    I know this BUT if we got him i do not think he would be a CY Young in the AL EAST

Comment

It's ok we have non-stickyized Cole and the 4 question marks heading up the rotation. All is fine.
                      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                        Are chicken buckets better at Yankee Stadium or new Shea?
                        The chicken tenders and fries are much better at the Mets ballpark.

Comment

You’re not sold on Max Scherzer vs the AL East? His career ERA against said division is 3.42 (366 IP), which is .26 runs above his 3.16 career ERA.

Comment

I know this BUT if we got him i do not think he would be a CY Young in the AL EAST
                            He wouldn’t need to win a CYA, but he’d be more than capable of doing it. The guy’s a straight up baller. Think of the fire Clemens possessed. That’s Scherzer.

Comment

Robbie Ray to the Mariners. Done. 5/115.

Comment

Robbie Ray to the MAriners...5 yrs

Comment

Working...
                                X