2022 Anthony Rizzo Performance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Anthony Rizzo Performance Thread

Rizzo is now trying to pull just about everything. We’ve seen this movie before with Teixeira and Giambi, both of whom could spray the ball around before they came here but became dead pull hitters and saw their averages sink as a result. It’s not what you want.
    Let the kids play.

Yep, O'Neill and Mattingly were rare birds, never fell into that trap.
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

I don't see Rizzo specifically trying to pull everything. I think he turns quickly on the down and in pitches and recognizes that pulling that pitch will produce good results. But I haven't noticed him trying to pull pitches over the middle or away - he seems to know how to hit the ball thru the middle on those pitches when that's all he's getting.

I think overall his presence on this roster is a plus and is not an issue that needs to be addressed right now.
      "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

His walk-up music is "Rockin' the Casbah." Best on the team.
        Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Gotta bump Rizzo up. He's a very nice upgrade over Luke Voit both offensively and defensively IMO, and it seems like he's becoming a respected leader in the clubhouse and a go-to guy for the media. He is inspiring his teammates and representing the club very well.
          "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Comment

Agreed. Looks like not trading for Olson or going after Freeman is working out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
              Agreed. Looks like not trading for Olson or going after Freeman is working out ok.
              lol go figure!

Signing Rizzo was always choice #3 for me

Comment

Yeah, looks like Olson came back down to earth, but man is he inconsistent, year to year.
                OPS+ 166, 117, 139, 103, 153, 116

Voit had a slow start but seems to be picking up as of late.
                Q: Who’s the guy on your roster that would have been overlooked if not for analytics? Cashman: Ronald Torreyes. He’s an analytical darling.

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post

lol go figure!

Signing Rizzo was always choice #3 for me
                  He was for me also.

Comment

I was not in favor of bringing him back. I was wrong.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                      I was not in favor of bringing him back. I was wrong.
                      It seemed inevitable to me once Olson and Freeman were off the table
                      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by sjb23 View Post
                        Gotta bump Rizzo up. He's a very nice upgrade over Luke Voit both offensively and defensively IMO, and it seems like he's becoming a respected leader in the clubhouse and a go-to guy for the media. He is inspiring his teammates and representing the club very well.
                        Love Rizzo this year. Great defense, stealing bases, home runs,RBIs, walkoff home run. My favorite Yankee right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PetJetMo View Post

Love Rizzo this year. Great defense, stealing bases, home runs,RBIs, walkoff home run. My favorite Yankee right now.
                          Totally agree. He's a perfect fit for this Yankee team...a real class act.
                          "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

A 16-pitch AB last night!

Wow. This guy is a leader!

He's the perfect hitter right behind Judge and in front of Stanton - I think his presence is helping them see better pitches.

Opposing pitchers should be in fear from this point going forward.

The best $32M Hal and Cashman have spent in a long time. Good ROI.

Comment

Of the 144 hitters with enough plate appearances to qualify, he has the lowest batting average on balls in play (BABIP).

Comment

Working...
                              X